Relics and Rods of Lake Havasu City
The Relics & Rods Car Club was formed in 1975 by 9 residents who had an interest in old cars. During the first few years, the club met at various locations around town including Kings Clipper Barber Shop, Wings Best Western Motel, the Chamber of Commerce, etc.
In 1978 the club members decided to put on a car show which was held in the spring at the London Bridge Shopping Center’s parking lot. This first show was called the Camp-O-Rama and 28 vehicles were displayed. The car show was eventually moved to October and the name was changed to “Run to the Sun” with as many as 1,000 vehicles attending the event.
This year marks another anniversary of the “Run to the Sun” car show. The show has been expanded to include 1972 and older cars and trucks and we are expecting over 800 entries. We are looking forward to one of the best ever events thanks to the continuous enthusiasm of our members and run committee.
Over the past several years the Relics & Rods Car Club has donated over $250,000 to local community charities with the proceedings from the shows. This is thanks to our many sponsors.
To learn more about Relics and Rods, visit their website: https://relicsandrods.com/
||Relics & Rods
PO Box 1516
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405