This is the first in an occasional series “20 Questions.” RSM will be asking 20 questions of someone local from time to time for fun and insight.
By Jayne Hanson
Jerad Penington has co-owned Penington’s Pub with wife Sarah for two and a half years in Lake Havasu City. RiversceneMagazine.com recently asked Jerad a series of questions, for fun, to better understand this local successful business owner, savvy citizen and dedicated family man.
- What is your perfect pizza? “The Oahu. It has teriyaki glaze, slow-braised short ribs, pineapple, mozzarella and a crispy crust. It’s a nice sweet-and-sour mix.”
- If you were to buy candy, what would you pick? “Fun Dip.”
- Last movie watched? “Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.”
- Favorite beverage? “Dr. Pepper.”
- Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? “Creamy. No doubt.”
- Favorite local restaurant? “The Place to Be. I love their food.”
- What is your dream destination vacation? “Ireland.”
- What is your favorite article of clothing? “Shoes.”
- What is a dessert you daydream about? “Crème Brule.”
- What is your favorite event in Havasu? “Top Hats and Tails, it’s the annual fundraiser dinner for WAHS.”
- Who do you ask for advice? “My grandma (Janet Greenwood), she is passed now but I always ask myself what she would say.”
- Early bird or night owl? “Night Owl.”
- What is one thing that must be on your grocery list? “Frosty Paws ice cream treats. It’s dog ice cream. It’s great.”
- In what city were you born? “San Clemente, Calif. It’s Orange County.”
- If you could be any age for one week, what age would you be? “23.”
- What is your zodiac sign? “Cancer.”
- What is your favorite pastime? “Baseball, you can’t go wrong with baseball.”
- If you were a zoo animal, what would you be? “A bear, then all I would do is sleep and eat, and still kick butt.”
- What cheers you up? “My wife, Sarah, and, seeing my mom happy. That’s what cheers me up.
- Do you have a habit you’d like to break? “Yes, eating late.”
Pennington’s Pub is at 29 S. Acoma Blvd., in Havasu. Hours are 3 p.m. to midnight, Monday to Thursday, 3 p.m. to 2 a.m., Friday and Saturday, closed Sundays. Specials include Tuesday boasts half-price tacos, 4:30 p.m. is the meeting time for “Single Boomers” singles group, and 6:30-9:30 p.m. is live blues. On the first and third Wednesdays of each month, the pub hosts stand-up comedians from Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Live music begins at 8 p.m. every Friday and Saturday.